Monday, April 21, 2014

My beleifs and who I am.

For those who are recently reading my Blog(or are new facebook friends)You should be warned now.
I know what I beleive and have strong opinions. Before I get to that though I want to let you know what I believe and why.

First I am christian. This is important as it shapes a lot of my beliefs. I beleive that we were created and the earth and all the animals by God.
As such I beleive that god made us perfect, then after the fall of man in genesis we became sinful. As such We are a sinful people.
I do not place one sin above another. As God says they are all equal. Due to this I have strong views on things deemed "sinful" by the Bible.
This includes but isn't limited to: Stealing, adultry, murder, lying, and homosexuality to name a few.
I also beleive that it is possible to care about a person and disagree with something in their lifestyle or personal decisions they've made. How many of us have family we love but that has done something we disagree with? Weather it's something as simple as who they date, where they choose to live, how they raise their kids, or as big as living a homosexual lifestyle it doesn't mean we can't love that family member.
As a Christian I'm instructed to love ALL humans. And as such it's the same thing for me.

I also believe women where created to birth babies naturally. And that we were also created to be able to feed them naturally with the breasts we were born with.
There is only a very tiny percentage of women who CAN'T nurse. Of course we all know many who "weren't able to" and sadly many of them were "booby trapped" either through their environment, a well meaning pediatrician/family member, lack of emotional or physical support,  or many other things.
I don't judge these women. It was not their fault. They did what they could. I don't judge those who use formula either. Because I am also a firm believer that women and families should have the right to choose how to raise their children, and that starts with where they give birth, how they give birth, who they choose to see(if at all) for their families care, and how they feed thier children.
This also extends into their right to choose to vaccinate or not, and homeschool, or unschool, or whatever.
As a parent I think those choices and everything in between belong to the parents and should stay that way.
However I am also pro life, and pro adoption. I beleive that it is NOT our right to choose to terminate life. to me it is murder. As such I will post pro life posts to my page.
While I am all for women's right to choose many things, What about baby's right to life? Anywho I won't argue the details of this here that's another post for another day.

You will see boobs on my facebook page, becasue I beleive in normalizing breastfeeding.
You will see posts about homosexuality on my page, as well as natural childbirth, vaccinations(I'm personally anti vaccinations but that's just me),  carseat safety facts, potty training info, baby led weaning, babywearing, CIO, Anti CIO, Positive discipline, Natural consequences, and so much more.

I have lots of links and research to back up my beliefs. I have scripture to back up my spiritual beliefs. If you don't agree that's fine with me. But my page is for my thoughts. As yours is for yours. Civil disagreements are fine, discussion is encouraged, but outright rudeness won't be tolerated. And I will delete comments as I see fit.

This goes for my blog too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment