Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lilly Pad Pin Cushion Pattern


Ok you need two of the pin cushion piece and 5 each of the petals.
I used my machine and sewed the pin cushion the same way we've done the round ones. Leaving a small space to turn. I don't think it's good to use the space between the bumps to turn as it's rounded and harder to stitch up. So use any where else on the piece.
For the petals I slightly overlapped and pinned all the large pieces to each other and used a straight stitch on my machine to sew them to each other.
Then I made two long straight rows of stitches along the bottom a 1/8 of an inch or so apart.
I used these to gather the petals and make that nice cup like shape.
Then I stitched the last two petals that were not attached to each other to form a little petal tube type thing.
I did the same thing with the smaller petals. Then layered them inside each other using a button in the middle.
I did the same thing that whip-up does with her pin cushion for the veins on the large part. But Instead of in the center I was about an inch or so from the little dip in the piece. Then I fastened my thread off and instead of cutting just stitched it to the bottom of my flower.
Wha-La! Pin cushion!
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment